Support scholarships and student programs by making your annual gift today!
Dear PennDesign alumni,
Last year, I graduated and joined your ranks as an alumnus of this prestigious school. It is a true honor to be part of the group responsible for bringing the excitement and discourse generated at PennDesign into the world. If you have not already done so, I hope you will consider making a gift to our school's Annual Fund in support of the next generation of talented designers who will carry this exciting legacy in the future. You can make your gift online or by calling 215-746-8323. I look forward to joining you in support of this special institution in years to come.
Mark T. Nicol
Master of Architecture, 2012
University of Pennsylvania School of Design
Did you know that 100% of your gift to the PennDesign Annual Fund goes towards providing scholarship funding for current PennDesign students?
As a result, your contribution will:
• Enable PennDesign to recruit and retain the best and brightest students.
• Allow PennDesign to continue to increase its dedication to student scholarships.
• Provide qualified students from all backgrounds with access to a PennDesign education.
• Develop leaders who will go on to shape and influence the world of design for years to come.
• Make a significant impact on the cities and communities served by PennDesign students and alumni.
Please consider making a gift to the PennDesign Annual Fund and ensuring that PennDesign students and alumni continue to affect change worldwide.
You can support PennDesign student scholarships by making a gift now via Penn's secure online giving website or by calling (215) 746-8323. If you’d prefer to make your gift by mail, please send your check, made out to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, to PennDesign Development and Alumni Relations, 102 Meyerson Hall, 210 S. 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104.
Annual Giving includes the PennDesign Annual Fund, Annual Special Projects Fund, Overseers Scholarship Fund and Overseers Special Projects Fund, which support financial aid and special programs.
Ways to Support PennDesign
- Online giving
- Matching gifts
- Appreciated securities
- Contact the Development Office about other giving options
- Contact Gift Planning about charitable gift annuities, remainder trusts, naming PennDesign in your estate plans and other giving options
Annual giving donors qualify for membership in the following giving societies:
Contributors Under $250 Design Council $250-$499 Chairman's Society $500-$999 Dean's Circle $1,000-$2,499 Benjamin Franklin Society Associates $2,500-$4,999 Benjamin Franklin Society Fellows $5,000-$9,999 Benjamin Franklin Society Founders $10,000-$24,999 Benjamin Franklin Society Ambassadors $25,000 or more
The Thomas Webb Richards Society honors alumni and friends who have financially supported the Annual Fund for the past three or more consecutive years. Society members are designated in the Honor Roll and invited to special events.
Richards was the first professor of architecture and drawing at the University of Pennsylvania, from 1874-1891. He paved the way for today's practice professors, as he concurrently taught and practiced. Richards designed four buildings for Penn's campus, including the landmark College Hall (1873) on Blanche Levy Park.
Honor faculty and alumni by giving to an endowed fund (click on the links below to learn more):
- The David G. De Long Fellowship Fund
- The Ian McHarg Professorship Fund
- The G. Holmes Perkins Distinguished Visiting Professorship Fund
- The Don Prowler Endowment Fund
- The Mario Romanach Fellowship Fund