Certificate in Environmental Building Design
Program Director: William Braham
The certificate in Environmental Building Design is open to students enrolled in the Master of Architecture program. The students will take 4 CUs of required courses and 2 CUs in a jointly counted studio. Students in the Master of Architecture degree would be eligible to apply for the Certificate in Environmental Building Design after they arrive at Penn, allowing them to join the program in their 700 year with the incoming cohort of MEBD students in the 752 and 708 sequence. The other courses, 751, 753 and 754 can be taken by M.Arch. students independently of their acceptance into the certificate.
- ARCH 751 Ecology, Technology and Design (1 CU, Fall)
- ARCH 752 MEBD Research Seminar (1 CU, Fall)
- ARCH 753 Building Performance Simulation (1 CU, Fall)
- ARCH 754 Performance Design Workshop (1 CU, Spring)
- ARCH 708 MEBD Design Studio (2 CU, Spring)
The four seminar courses replace 4 open electives, leaving students one open elective and two optional electives, while the ARCH 708 studio is taken in lieu of the ARCH 704 Design Studio.