Penn Design IT Services provides space on the student file server (JUNO) for course materials.Basic Information
- All PennDesign Faculty & Staff have full read/write access to any CF (not just their own CF).
- Access given to students is implied for ALL PennDesign students. (Access is NOT specific to the students of that course.)
- Course Folders are created the week prior to the start of the semester for…
- Every graduate level course
- Every computer related undergraduate course
- Every studio
- If, for some reason, a folder was not created for your course, studio, or project, please contact the PennDesign ITS department with the following information:
- -Course Number (e.g. CPLN601)
- -Faculty Name – Name & Email address of any TA that should have full access
- All Course Folders data from the previous semester will be archived (saved to tape) and purged roughly a month after the end of classes. An announcement including the exact date will be sent to all students and faculty at least two weeks prior to this process.
- Each course folder gets 40GB of space.
- Subfolders: Each CF contains the following 3 sub-folders for specific purposes. The information in parenthesis indicates the access rights for students. Each CF contains the following 3 sub-folders for specific needs (others may be added by the instructor or T/A).
- Distribution (Read Only) – This folder is intended for distributing materials TO the students. Students can read the files but must save them to another location in order to make any changes.
- Submission (Write & List Only) – This folder is for receiving materials FROM the students. They will be able to copy a file to the folder and view the contents. They will NOT be able to read or edit any files, including their own.
- Public (Full Access) – This is intended for students to exchange materials. Students can create sub-folders and read, edit, or delete any file/folder.
Connection from Windows 7: (PennDesign Buildings Only)
Connection from Mac OS X: (PennDesign Buildings Only)
Here’s how to connect to the course folders from your Mac:
Remote Access to Course Folders (From Any Location Via Web)