Update: Mail Upgraded to Office365
As of July 14, 2013, the Penn Live email service was upgraded to Microsoft’s Office365 platform. This change include some new features, but may also change the way you connect to your email.
Connecting to Email Via the Web:
Here’s how to connect to your email:
- (First Time only) Open your Web Browser, and clear your cache and cookies
- (First Time Only) Close, and restart your Web Browser
- Go to mail.office365.com
Please note that the live.com link points to the old email service, and will no longer allow you to login.
Connecting to Email via your mail client:
- First, login to your account via the web (See Connecting to Email Via the Web, above)
- In the top, right corner, click on the Options drop-down, and select See All Options
- Click on the link labeled Settings for POP, IMAP and SMTP access
- Record the settings; remember that you will need the server name, port number, and encryption method
- In your email client, enter the appropriate settings for either an IMAP or POP account. Be sure to enter the settings you find using these steps and not the ones highlighted in the image above. They will differ from person to person.
- Note: you should only either setup access to your email account via POP or IMAP. We strongly suggest that you do not attempt to use both methods simultaneously.
Click here for instructions on accessing your email on iOS devices.
Click here for instructions on accessing your email with Outlook 2010.
Please contact us if you have any issues connecting to your account.
Creating Your Email Account
An issue has been identified with IE 11 in the account creation process. Please use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 to register your Email account.
If you are a new Design student, and you need an email account created, you can go to https://pennlive.design.upenn.edu/ and enter your PennKey credentials to have an email address provisioned. Contact us if you have any issues with this process.
Error: “This account can’t be used to access Outlook.com. You’re currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can’t be used with Outlook.com”
Fix: Empty your browser’s cache, close the browser, then launch it, and try logging in again.