Email for PennDesign students is hosted on Microsoft’s Office365 platform, and is available to all PennDesign students who are officially registered in one of our programs.
Please note that for the purposes of this document, the terms “PennDesign” and “School of Design” are uses synonymously, and both refer to PennDesign.
This document was updated to reflect additional steps necessary for activating your account. Please read the section “Setting Up Your Account” for more information.
In order to set up your PennDesign Email account, you need to do the following:
- Create a PennKey username. You should have received an email, from the registrar’s office which contained a PennKey Setup Code. The email would have been sent to the email address you provided when you applied.
- Make sure you are associated with the School of Design with the registrar. This is sometimes an issue for matriculating students, so please allow for a few weeks after graduation for your account to be associated with us properly.
Setting Up Your Account
Once you’ve created your PennKey username, and are associated with PennDesign, you can create your email account.
- There have been significant issues creating accounts using Internet Explorer 11. Please use Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, or Firefox to create your account.
- May 29, 2014 – Our developers have make changes so that newly created accounts will no longer need to be activated manually; they should just work right after they’ve been created.
- Go to https://pennlive.design.upenn.edu/
- When prompted for a username and password, enter your PennKey username and password.
- The system will then setup your account.
Getting to Your Email
After your email account has been created, you can access it either via the web, or using an email client
Via the Web
- Go to http://mail.office365.com
- Your username is the same as your PennKey username
- Login with your username and email password