Please refer to the PennDesign Academic Calendar for specific registration deadlines.
Elective Course Offerings
Below are elective course descriptions from previous terms for your reference:
Registration - Penn in Touch
Billing and Financial Aid
- Advance Registration
- Summer and Fall 2017: March 20th - April 2nd
- Spring 2018: October 30th - November 12th
Any problems or questions pertaining to the registration process can be directed to the PennDesign Registrar, 110 Meyerson Hall.
Advance Registration is a two week period in which students enter requests for the courses you would like to enroll. Students enter their course preferences in priority order anytime during the advanced registration period. This is not a first come first served process, so there is no advantage to registering early and no guarantee that students will be enrolled in all their requested courses.
At the end of advance registration period, the system will then schedule all students requests based on availability. Depending on course demand, the system may not be able to enroll you in all the courses you requested. Approximately two weeks after the advanced registration period closes schedules are posted in Penn InTouch. If a student does not receive a full schedule, or if they wish to change their course selections, they may begin revising their schedule when the Registration - Drop/Request begins.
All continuing PennDesign students are required to request courses during the advance registration period.
- Since advance registration is a priority registration system, not first come first served, give courses that you know you are competing for a seat in (i.e. elective courses) your highest priority.
- Multi-Activity courses: Make sure you submit registration requests for all co-requisites of multi-activity courses [i.e. lecture (LEC) and recitation (REC)]. Give the credit bearing section a higher priority than the non-credit bearing section.
- Courses that require a permit - give low priority (if you have secured a permit!). If you get a permit you are guaranteed a seat. There is no need to waste a higher priority spot for a class you are guaranteed to get into.Remember: You still need to submit a registration request for courses you have secured a permit in.
Registration - Drop/Request begins about three weeks after the close of the advanced registration period and runs through the second week of the term you are registering for. Refer to the PennDesign Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Registration requests submitted thru Penn InTouch during the registration - add/drop period are real time transactions. This means all requests are filled on a first come first-served basis.
Course Information - Course Search and Schedule Planning: You can search for courses using the course search and schedule planning tool. This tool allows students to search for courses by criteria such as subject, time of day, and instructor; review course details and descriptions; and then develop/plan potential schedules. Students will still need to register using Penn InTouch.
Course information is also available:
1) On University Registrar's website
2) In Department Offices