- All University of Pennsylvania Stuart Weitzman School of Design Faculty & Staff have full read/write access to any CF (not just their own CF).
- Access given to students is implied for ALL Weitzman students. (Access is NOT specific to the students of that course.)
- Course Folders are created the week prior to the start of the semester for…
- Every graduate level course
- Every computer related undergraduate course
- Every studio
- If, for some reason, a folder was not created for your course, studio, or project, please contact the Weitzman School ITS department with the following information:
- -Course Number (e.g. CPLN601)
- -Faculty Name – Name & Email address of any TA that should have full access
- All Course Folders data from the previous semester will be archived (saved to tape) and purged roughly a month after the end of classes. An announcement including the exact date will be sent to all students and faculty at least two weeks prior to this process.
- Each course folder gets 40GB of space.
- Subfolders: Each CF contains the following 3 sub-folders for specific purposes. The information in parenthesis indicates the access rights for students. Each CF contains the following 3 sub-folders for specific needs (others may be added by the instructor or T/A).
- Distribution (Read Only) – This folder is intended for distributing materials TO the students. Students can read the files but must save them to another location in order to make any changes.
- Submission (Write & List Only) – This folder is for receiving materials FROM the students. They will be able to copy a file to the folder and view the contents. They will NOT be able to read or edit any files, including their own.
- Public (Full Access) – This is intended for students to exchange materials. Students can create sub-folders and read, edit, or delete any file/folder.
Connecting from Mac OS X
Here’s how to connect to the course folders from your Mac while plugged via eithernet in any of the Weitzman School buildings:
- In the Finder, go to the Go menu, and select Connect to Server
- Now, type in “smb://juno.design.upenn.edu/”
- Select "Courses" from the menu that pops up.
- From there, you’ll be able to find your course folder.
To access course folders remotely (including non Weitzman School buildings on campus), you must install and configure the FortiClient remote connection application. You can find instructions on how to set up the software here.