“DESIGNIFY” YOUR COMPUTER
Get your personal computer Design Ready with these steps:
- Check your machine for Malware. Free download; https://www.malwarebytes.com/
- Create Standard user account. (standard user vs. Admin)
- Drivers and Bios up to date.
- Operating System up to date. (may need to run more than 1 time)
- Verify they have set up PennKey, Design, and O365 Accounts.
- Enroll in Self-Service Password option.
- Show them Design IT Services www.design.upenn.edu/it-services (bookmark)
- Go over different software they will be using;A. AutoDesk for Education, download from their site free student softwareB. 0365 can install up to 5 copiesC. Rhino license available in Design need to buy your own from computer connection to work from home.D. Adobe Creative Cloud, licenses available to purchase at the computer connection.E. Symantic Antivirus, free antivirus software available through UPENN Symantec, use PennKey credentials to authenticate.
- AirPennNet - connect
- Working wired vs. wireless Explain the difference.A. \\juno.design.upenn.eduB. Design\UsernameC. DesignPassword
- Show where to access Rhino on Juno. Connect to Juno – student file server.
- Go over installing printers/plotters. Connect to Vulcan – print server. \\vulcan.design.upenn.eduA. Design\usernameB. DesignPassword
- Data Storage Options -A. UPENN BOX 50 GBB. 0365 OneDrive 1TB
- Remote access – www.design.upenn.edu/remoteaccess
- For any further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.