The Office of Grants and Contracts was established in February 2011 to promote the research endeavors of the School of Design Faculty. The Office of Grants and Contracts provides support and enables the research mission of the School of Design, for strategic planning initiatives to significantly expand the level of extramural support for research and service related activities:
- Ensures compliance with sponsors and University expectation for managing sponsored program funds.
- Serve as a resource for the School of Design regarding sponsor policies and federal regulations.
- Provides assistance in developing proposals to outside funding agencies
- Provides training in pre and post award grants management.
- Provides oversight management of sponsored programs.
Faculty Research Grant and Contract Submission Guidelines
Submission Guidelines for Design Faculty
If you are interested in applying to a funding opportunity or have been contacted with an expressed interest, in work on a collaborative project:
1. Set up a meeting with Jessica Dejesus at firstname.lastname@example.org, to determine the appropriate mechanism.
2. Complete Pre-Proposal Questionnaire and Checklist Form: Pre-Proposal Questionnaire & Checklist
- The Pre-Proposal form is required to be completed and signed by Cathy Di Bonaventura, the I.T. Director and Karl Wellman, Facilities & Operations Director, before your proposal is processed.
- Return completed Pre-Proposal form to Jessica via email at email@example.com
3. Email sponsor guidelines to Jessica Dejesus 10 business days, prior to the sponsor's deadline.
- Please see link, for additional submission details: Sponsored Research and External Consulting Submission Guidelines
*Sub-awards are required to be issued to the School of Design if:*
Design Faculty applies to a funding opportunity, through another School
Design Faculty is listed as a Co-PI, Significant Contributor or Collaborator
Faculty of another school enters into an agreement, with the McHarg and Kleinman Centers.
Links to Funding Opportunities
Internal Funding Opportunities for Faculty
External Funding Opportunities for Faculty
Selected Non-Federal Agencies and Foundations
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship Program
John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
National Endowment for the Arts
National Endowment for the Humanities
Pew Charitable Trusts
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The Philadelphia Foundation
William Penn Foundation
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
Grants Advisor Plus: An on-line information service for grant persons and faculty in higher education
FBO.gov: A place to search, monitor and retrieve opportunities solicited by the entire Federal contracting community.