PennFlex Phone System
Vonage Portal Login (Log in with your PennKey credentials)
PennFlex Phone is the University’s cloud-based telephony service supporting business operations for the campus. In addition to enterprise quality phone features, PennFlex Phone offers enhanced unified communications functionality including a mobile and desktop app with messaging and audio/video conferencing. During FY21 and FY22, PennFlex Phone will gradually replace PennNet Phone as the University’s primary phone service.
- A wide selection of telephony features to meet a variety of diverse business needs
- A mobile application that allows you to make and receive calls from your desktop, tablet, and/or smartphone
- Voice mail transcription feature that provides the option to receive an email with a text transcription of voice messages
- Enhanced support for modern SIP-based VoIP equipment
- New e-fax service providing the ability to send and receive faxes via email or through a secure portal
Mobile Connect App Access
MobileConnect for the Enterprise is an application that "hides" your personal mobile number on your cell phone so callers see your Penn phone number instead. Follow the instructions below to install MobileConnect on your mobile device, desktop and Mac.
Mobile Connect setup:
- Download MobileConnect for Vonage Enterprise from the Vonage Downloads page or locate and download the Vonage Enterprise app (download page here: https://businesssupport.vonage.com/articles/answer/Business-Apps). NOTE: You must have system permissions to install/uninstall applications on your device.
- Once the app is installed, if prompted, click Accept or I Agree to the terms and conditions of the EULA.
- In the Username field, enter your email@example.com, where pennkey is your PennKey username. If you see the Cluster field, please click on that field and select Production. NOTE: Only one phone number can be associated with a PennKey.
- Click Continue to be redirected to WebLogin single sign-on (SSO).
- You may be prompted to Allow the app to access your personal contacts, to take pictures and record video, or to access media on your device, make and manage phone calls or to access the device’s location. Select Allow. NOTE: If you do not allow them initially, and you are required to use them for later functionality, you will be prompted again.
- On your mobile device, enter or confirm your cell phone number. This is required.
Notes on both PennFlex and Mobile Connect:
- You can have both a new physical handset and access to the Mobile Connect app on your smartphone, or you can choose to have only the new handset or only the Mobile Connect app.
- You can have voicemails sent to both your physical handset (and thus Mobile Connect app) and any email of your choosing (as an audio file recording of the voicemail).
- You can schedule call forwarding, direct to voicemail, etc based on ongoing day/time (i.e. if you're away, on vacation, etc) via the Vonage web portal.