Two-Step Verification is now available for PennKey users! All Weitzman School staff and faculty are required to opt in.
If you have additional questions, please contact Weitzman School ITS via email@example.com.
Enrolling in Two-Step
You can sign up for Two-Step via this portal, and make sure to look at these detailed set up instructions. You can also visit the Two-Step Verification FAQ page to learn more about the available Two-Step methods.
Once you're enrolled with Two-Step authentication, all PennKey-protected forms and/or services will require you to verify your identity with Two-Step authentication.
You can avoid multiple Two-Step prompts by "trusting" the web browser on the device you're using, which secures that device and browser as "trusted." This will nullify Two-Step prompts on that device/browser for 30 days.
Common issues with setting up Two-Step authentication may include the following:
- New phone
- Refer end user to the Two-Step Manage Settings page to register new device (This will require generating a Two-Step code by recovery options tied to your Two-Step account).
- Authenticator code not being accepted
- App: ensure device is using Network time server
- Fob: A token can get "out of sync" if the button is pressed too many times in a row and the generated passcodes aren't used for login. In some cases, this can happen by accident if the token is stored next to other objects in a pocket, backpack, etc. Generate three passcodes in a row to attempt to resynchronize the token.
- Out of the Country / No Access to American Phone Number
- If you're traveling out of the United States and have no access to the primary phone number associated with your Two-Step account (or haven't set one up yet) you'll need to enroll to Two-Step via the Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator apps - you can find instructions here.