Discovered in 1888, Spruce Tree House is one of the largest and best preserved alcove sites in Mesa Verde National Park. Containing over eighty rooms and seven kivas and open areas with very complete surface finishes with geometric embellishments, Spruce Tree House provides a remarkable window onto the region’s Ancestral Puebloan communities of the 13th century AD.
Housing lush springs in the arid Arizona Strip, Pipe Spring has historically been a valuable resource for the Kaibab Paiute tribe and Mormon pioneers due to its history and location within the evolving Southwest landscape.
As one of the principal archaeological sites in Central Anatolia, Gordion premieres royal Phrygian architecture that includes a nearly complete monumental ninth-century BCE masonry gate, along with the remains of a once impressive citadel. Few sites in the world offer a glimpse of the early civilizations of the Late Bronze and Iron Ages.
This recent publication of the Preservation Alliance of Greater Philadelphia celebrates 15 successful new nominations to the Philadelphia register - no less than 8 of the 15 were written by students and recent graduates of PennDesign's Graduate Program in Historic Preservation. Kudos to all involved!DownloadsDesignation Celebration 2013
This web page has been designed in the Fall of 2000 by students of the University of Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Program as a service to provide Philadelphia residents easy direct access to historic preservation information on the internet.
Fleisher Art Memorial is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free or low-cost arts education to Philadelphians of all ages, backgrounds, and levels of experience. Established as the Graphic Sketch Club in 1898 by Philadelphian Samuel Fleisher, the institution grew steadily. In 1922, Fleisher purchased the Church of the Evangelists (constructed 1886-86) on Catharine Street, establishing the core of the Fleisher Art Memorial's modern campus.
In 2003 The Preservation Program from the University of Pennsylvania and the Architecture Program from the Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico in San Juan Puerto Rico collaborated on a conservation project in an effort to develop a conservation plan for the Capilla Del Santo Cristo, a small chapel built into the walls of historic old San Juan.