Urban Redevelopment Certificate
The Urban Redevelopment Certificate is for PennDesign graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of, and expertise in the physical, economic, and neighborhood redevelopment of central cities and older suburban communities.
Program Director: Eugenie L. Birch
Certificate students must complete five CU's from the following list of courses; with at least one CU from Fels (GAFL) and one CU from Wharton (Real). City Planning students in the PPD or CED concentrations may apply no more than one course from their concentration area to the certificate.
- CPLN 540: Introduction to Property Development
- CPLN 642: Downtown Development (PPD course)
- CPLN 625: Housing Policy (CED course)
- CPLN 520: Introduction to Community and Economic Development (CED course)
- GAFL 569 (URBS451) The Politics of Housing and Urban Development
- GAFL 729 Financial Management of Nonprofit Institutions or GAFL 749 Leading Nonprofit Organizations
- GAFL 724 Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth: Why, How and When?
- HSPV 572 Preservation through Public Policy or HSPV 625 Preservation Economics
- Real 730: Urban Fiscal Policy or REAL 772 Urban Public Policy and Private Development