As a current University of Pennsylvania Stuart Weitzman School of Design user, you will be using Penn's O365 email.
- Login with your PennKey username, eg. BenFranklin@upenn.edu
- You will still send/receive email as BenFranklin@design.upenn.edu
- PennO365 account is entirely separate from PennKey and Weitzman accounts
PennO365 includes 1TB of data storage through OneDrive for Business, Microsoft’s cloud data storage and collaboration solution. For more information.
NOTE: Part-time lecturers teaching for the Weitzman School are only eligible for an O365 email account during the semeter(s) they teach. The University automatically closes ineligible accounts 60 days after the lecturers' final day; determined by Payroll.
Welcome to the Weitzman School! Once you create your Pennkey username, Design ITS will provision your PennO365 email within 5 business days. Use the instructions below to:
- set your PennO365 password, and
- log into Webmail.
If you are unable to access your email using the instructions below, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and PennKey username for assistance.
Penn O365 FAQ and Tips
Log in to Outlook on the Web (OWA):
Access your account from any web browser via Outlook on the Web: https://outlook.com/upenn.edu
Your username is in the format: YourPennKey@upenn.edu
- The username is for login purposes only - you will send and receive as YourPennKey@design.upenn.edu
Reset your password:
Reset your PennO365 email password using the PennO365 password reset portal. Access to the portal is controlled through PennKey username and password.
After submitting the change, it may take 5 minutes before you can sign in using the new password.
- your PennO365 password cannot be the same your PennKey password
- do not use the "Forgot my password" link at the login page; only the PennO365 password reset portal will allow you change your password
Update your sender name:
- Select "My Profile” in the top righthand corner;
- Log in with your PennKey username and password;
- Add a new entry with your name listed as desired;
- Select the radio button (on left) to make it your primary listing.
Please note: O365 always displays names in the following order: Surname, GivenName MiddleName.
Set up on a mobile device or email client (Outlook, etc):
Follow these instructions to configure PennO365 on Outlook (Windows/macOS), Outlook for iOS, and Outlook for Android.
Please note: your username for setting up email on any device must be in the format YourPennKey@upenn.edu
Set up email forwarding:
Forwarding email from PennO365 to an external account is discouraged for several reasons:
- Reduced support capabilities: Design ITS is unable to troubleshoot problems on personal email accounts. If you forward email, diagnostics will be restricted to whether the message was received by the Penn servers and forwarded to the external account.
- Reduced privacy: PennO365 is a service governed by an agreement between the University of Pennsylvania and Microsoft, which includes restrictions on how data is accessed and utilized. Personal email accounts are typically covered by generic EULAs that allow use of personal data for commercial purposes.
- Audit and compliance: rules governing email records vary by department/position; some may require all email to be maintained in University-managed accounts.
If you decide to set up forwarding with your PennO365 account, select "Keep a copy of forwarded messages" box.
Export/back up contacts (OWA):
After logging into Outlook Webmail, follow these steps to export their contacts:
- Click the People tile; you will see a list of your contacts, including: name, email address, etc.
- Select the contacts you want to export;
- Select the Manage drop down tab and Export contacts
- Select export format > Microsoft Outlook CSV.
Once the export is complete, the CSV file can be used to import contacts into most third party applications.
Export/back up contacts (Outlook desktop application)
Follow these instructions for exporting contracts from the desktop Outlook application.
Archive email account:
Follow the instructions here to create an Outlook archive (.pst) of your emails, contacts, and calendar events.
Your PennO365 account enables you to install Microsoft Office on a personal device for free while you are a student at the Weitzman School.
The account also provides 1 TB of data storage on OneDrive for Business, Microsoft’s cloud data storage and collaboration solution. Visit here for instructions on how to set up and use OneDrive.