- Dell Precision 5820 computers (8 student machines, 1 instructor machine)
- Epson WorkForce DS-50000 large-format scanner (1)
- Epson Perfection V550 Photo scanners (2)
- Ceiling-mounted microphone
- Ceiling-mounted webcam
Working in the Lab
The basics to working in Weitzman School computer labs
- Always work on the D: drive
- Logout when you are finished
- If you need to leave a workstation for less than 15 minutes, you can lock it
- Do not leave a workstation logged in and unattended
- Rendering 3D environments is not allowed in the computer labs. These are public machines, it's unfair to render on these PCs as renders can take lots of time.
Managing your data
- Server Space
- When you login, you are already connected to your server space
- Everthing in your Documents, Desktop, and home directory are part of your server space
- Working from the Local D: Drive
- Use for doing your work, and printing
- Make frequent backups your data. Keep multiple copies of your data.
- Anyone can delete data from the D: Drives.
- Do not use for the primary copy of your data!