Cope and Stewardson Collection (017), Architecture Firm, 1885-1936
Masters of the Collegiate Gothic style, the firm of Cope and Stewardson are best known for their academic buildings and campus designs. Between 1886 and 1904 they made formative additions to the campuses of Bryn Mawr College, the University of Pennsylvania, and Princeton University.
The Collection contains drawings of numerous University of Pennsylvania campus buildings including the Quadrangle Dormitories (1895), the Towne Building (1903-05), Bennett Hall (1910), the Veterinary School (1906-11), and the Law School (1898-01). Among other Philadelphia area projects are the Harrison Office Building (1893), 919 Walnut Street (1905) and the Biddle, Chew, and MacVeagh residences.