John Frederick Lloyd Collection (044), Architect, 1924-1989
After serving in the Army Air Corps during World War II, Lloyd became the supervising architect for the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority in the Society Hill section of the city. He founded his firm, John Lloyd & Associates, at this time and became a member of the Architectural Review Committee of the Philadelphia Historical Commission.
This collection comprises drawings, photographs and files related to projects of John Lloyd & Associates (domestic, institutional, commercial, ecclesiastical) and also to Lloyd's work as consulting or supervising architect for a number of projects of other architects. The collection contains materials related to Lloyd's restorations of and alterations to a number of Philadelphia houses of historical significance including Solitude and the Poe House.