McGoodwin, Robert Rodes
Robert Rhodes McGoodwin, Architect, 1886-1967
McGoodwin worked briefly for architect Horace Trumbauer before forming a partnership in 1910 with Samuel D. Hawley, also B.S. 1907. After this partnership ended in 1912, McGoodwin worked on his own. McGoodwin is best known for the many houses he designed for the Houston and Woodward family in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. From 1910 until 1919 McGoodwin was an instructor in design at the University of Pennsylvania School of Fine Arts. He continued as an assistant professor from 1919 until he retired from teaching in 1924.
This collection contains architectural drawings for additions to the Lenape Club, the Garrett Residence (Chestnut Hill, Phila., PA, 1914), a Student Project, T-Square Atelier (1908), and a House for Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Mann (St. Martins, Philadelphia, PA, 1922).