PennDesign students who are interested in a degree plus certificate program will be able to apply for the certificate program in the fall, after they matriculate into their degree program. For a list of PennDesign’s certificates, go to All Certificates & Degrees.
- All certificate programs, except Integration Product Design: Submit the Certificate Application to PennDesign's Office of Admission along with a copy of their PennInTouch transcript.
- Certificate in Integrated Product Design: Submit the online application.
- Students enrolled in other Penn graduate programs may pursue certificates at PennDesign: Submit the online application.
- Certificates can be taken as stand-alone courses of study. This allows professionals to enhance and expand their knowledge of their fields: Submit the online application.
Requirements to apply for specific certificates
Required supporting material for each certificate can be found under the individual certificate descriptions.
- The Certificate in Integrated Product Design is only available to PennDesign, SEAS, and Wharton graduate students.
- The Certificates in Historic Preservation, Urban Design, Urban Resiliency, and Real Estate Design and Development are available to PennDesign students only.
- The Certificate in Environmental Building Design is available to PennDesign Master of Architecture students only.
PennDesign offers dual degree programs. To apply to a dual degree program, you must apply to the first degree program (preferably the one with the earliest deadline) and submit that application. Once this application is submitted, you can fill out and submit the second application. The application fee for the second program will be waived.
Students applying to a dual degree program with another school, such as Wharton, will need to apply to both schools, submitting separate applications and supporting material to each school.