The Office of Operations and Planning is charged to manage, administer, oversee, and troubleshoot the daily operations and activities of the seven campus buildings and seven satellite sites that comprise the University of Pennsylvania Stuart Weitzman School of Design. Office staff are directly responsible for the following:
- Tasked to ensure effective and efficient operations in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develops and implement new policies and procedures to improve operations.
- Acts as a liaison with Facilities Services and other university offices.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and supervising all interior and exterior work such as plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, carpentry, and housekeeping.
- Corresponds with and responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and outside vendors and contractors.
- Manages space planning, including office, studio, and exhibition space assignments.
- Maintains Master Calendar for all exhibition and review spaces.
- Plans and coordinates special projects and annual events including Commencement, Awards Ceremony, Open House, Career Services Day, and numerous other Weitzman sponsored events.
- Chief Safety and Security Officer for the school, managing all fire, security, and safety inspections on a routine basis while administering life and health safety policies.
- The Director of Design and Construction is also responsible for project management of new construction. Responsibilities include direction of all interior and exterior renovations, bid appraisals, walkthroughs, and scheduling.
Karl Wellman, Senior Director of Operations and Planning/Design and Construction
Sandi Mosgo, Assistant Director of Operations and Planning
Mark Harper, Building Administrator
Brendan Burke, Operations Assistant
Aaron Wolf, Operations Assistant
G-29 Meyerson Hall
To request a space, please email Sandi Mosgo.
Weitzman Studio Contract
A Message from Karl Wellman About Safety
Addams Hall Emergency Procedures
Duhring Wing Emergency Procedures
Fisher Fine Arts Library Emergency Procedures
Franklin Annex Emergency Procedures
Meyerson Hall Emergency Procedures
Weitzman Hall (formerly Morgan Building) Emergency Procedures