Hough, Charles Shoemaker
Charles Shoemaker Hough Collection (077), Architect, 1928-2016
Charles S. Hough was born in Norristown, PA, the son of architect William Jarrett Hallowell Hough, and served for two years in the U.S. Navy before studying at Swarthmore College (1948) and then the University of Pennsylvania (1950). After finishing at Penn, Hough joined his father's firm, Harbeson, Hough, Livingston & Larson, and remained there until 1960. In 1960, Hough formed a partnership with John Hayes in Philadelphia. Hayes & Hough continued until 1995.
The collection comprises 46 architectural drawings, 7 photo-stats, and papers related to Hough’s student years at the University of Pennsylvania’s, Department of Architecture, 1946-52. Included in the collection are two folders of programs for design projects authored by instructors at the University of Pennsylvania, and the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design in New York.
For more information about this collection, contact Heather Isbell Schumacher, Archivist (firstname.lastname@example.org).