Kling - Nicholson House
William B. Nicolson House Collection (279), project, 1947-1948
Vincent Kling lead the largest architectural firm in Philadelpiha in the 1960's and 70's and partnered with Edmund Bacon to reshape parts of Center City Philadelphia, with projects like Penn Center and Love Park. Kling received a bachelors in architecture from Columbia University in 1940, which was followed with an M. arch. from MIT in 1941. After serving as a pilot in WWII, Kling worked in the offices of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill as a designer. Kling established his own office in Philadelphia in 1946, where he grew his firm into a group of studios, each headed by an architect supervising a team of designers and draftsmen. This allowed for the firm to take on many large scale ambitious projects.
This collection consists of nineteen architectural drawings and six photo-prints documenting Vincent G. Kling’s designs for the William B. Nicholson House, Short Hills, New Jersey, 1947-48.Download Finding Aid