Mansell, T. Norman
T. Norman Mansell Collection (008), Architect, 1904-1991
Before Mansell graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, he began working in the office of Richard Erskine and was made a partner before he left in 1938 to establish an independent practice. Mansell specialized in institutional, and particularly in ecclesiastical projects for the Lutheran church. He served as director and president for the Guild for Religious Architecture, president of the Philadelphia Chapter of the AIA in the1966, and director of the Pennsylvania Society of Architects between 1968 and 1970.
The collection contains 737 architectural drawings, 45 photographic prints, 21 engravings, and 0.5 cubic feet of papers, documenting Mansell's buildings and projects spanning the years 1922-1968 (including his work done while attending the University of Pennsylvania).