Mitchell/Giurgola Architects - Philadelphia Office (015), Architecture Firm, 1958-1990
In 1958, Mitchell/Giurgola was founded by Ehrman B. Mitchell and Romaldo Giurgola, who were at the time associated with the Bellante & Clauss firm. The firm developed a national and then an international reputation with offices in New York City, Canberra, and Sydney. In 1990, the Philadelphia office was succeeded by MGA Partners, Inc. The New York office continued under the name Mitchell/Giurgola Architects.
The Mitchell/Giurgola collection documents over 150 buildings and projects designed by Romaldo Giurgola, Ehrman Mitchell, and their associates between 1948 and 1986, primarily commissions developed in their Philadelphia office. Projects include numerous academic buildings, commercial office structures, public buildings, planning projects, and competitions.