Wyatt, Thomas Henry
Thomas Henry Wyatt Collection (149), Architect, 1807-1880
Thomas Henry Wyatt was born in County Roscommon, Ireland, and recevied early architectural training in the office of Philip Hardwick (London, England) where he was involved in work on Goldsmiths Hall, Euston Station and the warehouses at St Katharine Docks. He began practice on his own account in 1832 when he was appointed District Surveyor for Hackney (a post he held until 1861). He had a prolific and distinguished caree designing over a hundred chruches and municipal buildings, and was elected the President of the Royal Insitute of Britich Architects (1870-73) and was awarded the Gold Medal for Architecture in 1873.
This collection contains several original drawings for the Church at Semley, c.1860; Church at Hindon, Wiltshire, c. 1860; and Holy Trinity Church, Fonthill-Gifford, 1866.