The Architectural Archives of the University of Pennsylvania preserves the works of more than 400 designers from the 17th century to the present.
The Center for Environmental Building & Design is a faculty research unit at the School of Design dedicated to improving the environmental future of contemporary buildings and cities.
The Center advances energy productivity by reframing the relationship between research and practice in support of policy innovation.
PennPraxis is the outreach, practice and professional arm of the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Design. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, PennPraxis is committed to public service.
Ian L. McHarg (1920 - 2001), professor and chair of landscape and regional planning at PennDesign, was arguably the most important environmental planner and landscape architect of the 20th century. Through his writings and teaching, McHarg brought the sciences and the arts together to develop innovating planning and design techniques for improving the relationship between human nature and designed ecology.