Thomas Harlan Ellett Collection (002), Architect, 1880-1951
In 1909, after graduating from the University of Pennsylvania and studying in Rome, Ellett assisted the offices of McKim, Mead and White on projects such as New York’s Pennsylvania Station (completed 1911) and the United States Post Office (1913). Ellett then established an independent practice in 1915 in New York City, where he built distinctive country estates mostly in New York. During the Depression, Ellett worked as a consulting architect to the Procurement Division of the U. S. Treasury Department.
This five series collection is the primary archive of the work of Thomas Harlan Ellett and includes architectural drawings and blueprints, photographic prints, office files, scrapbooks and memorabilia, which document buildings and projects spanning the years 1915-1948.