Printing & Scanning
Before you Print
- We have letter and tabloid-size printers as well as large-format plotters available for Weitzman students, staff, and faculty.
- Please review the information on this page and the linked pages so you are familiar with our processes and where you can access printers & plotters.
- You may print your jobs from the Meyerson 321 computer lab, an available print station, or your personal computer when hard wired to the network through an active ethernet port. Wireless printing is not supported.
- Proper file formatting is required to successfully print in our environment. Review the instructional material we have on our printing webpage and Canvas course for tips on formatting files for printing and plotting.
- There is a mandatory Printing and Plotting Quiz you must take and pass to be given access to the Large Format Printers/Plotters. (email us at email@example.com once you have completed the quiz, and restrictions will be removed before noon the next business day.)
- All active Weitzman users are given access to our public laser printers and standard copy printer in Meyerson Hall. Completion of the plotting quiz is not required for this type of printing.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or special requests in regards to printing and scanning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may address and assist.
Available Printers, Tracking Cost, & Billing Codes
Connecting to Printers/Plotters & Submitting Print Jobs
In order to send your job to a chosen printer you must add the printer from the print server. This is true in the computer labs as well as when printing from your personal computers.To learn more about connecting to printers on the Weitzman network, please visit our page about Adding Printers.
Weitzman ITS has several locations within Meyerson Hall and Addams Hall for you to scan your work. Scanners include flatbed scanning up to 11x17 inches and feed scanning up to 36 inches. It is important that you read the specifications for each scanner before scanning work. Please take a look at this page for a list of our Available Scanners and scanning stations, with instructions.