George Simpson Koyl Collection (046), Architect, 1885-1975
George S. Koyl taught at the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh, worked in the offices of Cass Gilbert and McKim, Mead & White, and later began an independent practice. Koyl returned to Philadelphia as Dean of the School of Fine Arts of the University of Pennsylvania in 1932.
This collection is notable for Koyl's fine watercolor renderings and travel drawings executed during his period of study at the American Academy in Rome. It contains no correspondence and no materials related to Koyl's built architectural projects.