Philadelphia City Planning Commission Collection (137), Municipal Agency, 1927-1936
The Philadelphia City Planning Commission is a municipal agency established in 1929 and composed of twelve mayoral appointees, two members of City Council, and one of the Commissioners of Fairmount Park. The duties of the commission were to make recommendations to City Council concerning proposed changes in the city plan or any new public facilities.
The collection comprises two architectural drawings and three photoprints for two planning studies prepared between 1927-1936. Both studies are related to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and nearby buildings and streets.