John Bernard Mendham Collection (072), Architect, 1888-1951
John Bernard Mendham worked in various surveying, engineering and, architectural offices in Birmingham, England before opening his own architectural practice in 1911. In 1923, he opened an office in London which handled engineering works, public buildings, schools, cinemas, hospitals, laboratories, churches, and the laying out of roads and sewers. In between private practice, Mendham served in the British armed forces during WWI and served as a military engineer and architect in WWII.
The collection comprises fifty-five architectural drawings spanning the years 1914-1936, documenting twenty-one designs by John Bernard Mendham.