Henry Bartol Register Collection (080 and 303), Architect, 1886 - 1956
Born in Philadelphia, Henry Bartol Register received his B.S. in Architecture from the University of Pennsylvania in 1910, followed by his M.S. in Architecture in 1914, afterwards attending the Atelier Hebrard in Paris and the T-Square Club Atelier. Register worked in the Philadelphia area, partnering with other architects including Marmaduke Tilden, George Pepper, Thomas Kellog and John Hall Rankin. Register taught as a part-time professor of design at University of Pennsylvania during the school year 1925/26 and as an assistant instructor of design in the School of the Fine Artsfor the years 1926 to 1928.
These collections contain prints of a Work Projects Administration public housing project and 11 watercolor travel sketches by Henry Bartol Register.