Edgar Viguers Seeler Collection (203), Architect, 1867-1929
Edgar V. Seeler established his practice in Philadelphia in 1893 and taught at the University of Pennsylvania as an assistant professor of architectural design until 1898. His architectural practice consisted largely of commercial buildings such as the Curtis Publishing Company Building, but he also designed residences and the First Baptist Church in Philadelphia.
The collection contains five architectural drawings for two buildings designed by Seeler for the University of Pennsylvania, one located on the West Philadelphia campus (extant, known as Hayden Hall) and another located outside Philadelphia in Delaware County, a primarily residential building. The collection also contains a booklet related to the latter project.