Thomas Sandby Collection (018), Architect, 1723-1798
Thomas Sandby was a self-taught architect and the first professor of architecture at the Royal Academy in London. Although his work is not easy to evaluate due to his restricted practice and the destruction of virtually all of his buildings, Sandby's most significant commission was the Freemasons' Hall in London. In 1765, Sandby was appointed Deputy Ranger of Windsor Great Park, which he held for over 30 years until he passed.
The collection comprises four undated architectural drawings by designs of Thomas Sandby for a parish church, a bridge and a palladian facade.