University of Pennsylvania - Bulletin Collection (277), 1914-1981
The Department of Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania was part of the Towne Scientific School until 1920, when a separate School of Fine Arts was established, teaching architecture and other fine arts. The School of Fine Arts published its teaching staff, regulations, courses of study, competitions, and, in some years, current students in the annual University of Pennsylvania Bulletin, School of Fine Arts Announcement.
The collection comprises materials published in the University of Pennsylvania catalogs (dated from 1914 to 1981), which had been assembled and kept in the administrative offices of the School. The entire annual University catalog is found in the collection from 1914 to 1919. After that date only the catalogs of the School of Fine Arts and Graduate School of Fine Arts are found in the collection.