In 1958, Mitchell/Giurgola was founded by Ehrman B. Mitchell and Romaldo Giurgola, who were at the time associated with the Bellante & Clauss firm. The firm developed a national and then an international reputation with offices in New York City, Canberra, and Sydney. In 1990, the Philadelphia office was succeeded by MGA Partners, Inc. The New York office continued under the name Mitchell/Giurgola Architects.
Project-related holdings comprise drawings and photographs for projects begun before 1990. Photographic materials document a larger number of Mitchell/Giurgola projects, including photographs of drawings, models, site surveys, construction, and completed projects.